The electricity consumption cost per household depends on family size, living habits, number and age of electrical appliances and hours of usage. Customers can calculate the estimated electricity cost for different appliances using the following:
- Power rating of the electrical appliance and its efficiency
- Number of hours used
- The domestic tariff rate per kilowatt - hour (kWh)
Electricity Consumption (kWh) = Power (watts) x Hours of Operation x 30 days ÷ 1000. The electricity bill calculation is based on the current domestic tariff rate. Electricity consumption usually increases due to the following reasons:
- Additional electrical appliances as family members grow
- Electrical loading or size of the appliances
- Modern lifestyles tend to use more electrical appliances
- Longer usage of appliances
- Appliances that can be adjusted at to maximum capacity e.g. air condition, fan, water heater, etc, result in high load factor.
- Replacement of smaller appliances to bigger capacity
- Faulty appliances can lead to inefficiencies in the way they run e.g. refrigerator with faulty thermostat, shortage of refrigerant, or defective door gasket.
There are many ways to improve the efficiency of electricity used in your home. Wise and efficient use of electricity can save money and assist in protecting the environment. Monitoring your consumption can help you identify where energy can be used more efficiently.
|No||Product||Power (watts)||Hours of Operation||Electricity Consumption (kWh)||Cost (sen/kWh)||Operation Cost (RM)|
|1||REFRIGERATOR||1200||24||1200 x 24 ÷ 1000 = 28.8||28.47||RM 8.19|
|2||TELEVISION||150||5||150 x 5 ÷ 1000 = 0.75||28.47||RM 0.21|
|3||AIR CONDITIONER||750||7||750 x 7 ÷ 1000 = 5.25||28.47||RM 1.49|
|4||IRON||1000||5||1000 x 5 ÷ 1000 = 5||28.47||RM 1.42|
|5||KETTLE||850||0.5||850 x 0.5 ÷ 1000 = 0.425||28.47||RM 0.12|
TNB : https://www.tnb.com.my/